1. return of their land which was given to the white settlers for plantation farming(large scale).
2. demand for better wages since they could not raise their standards of living with such small wages.
3. stopping of the slave trade which was a sign of disrespect of human life.
4. demanded respect of their culture i.e. abolition of traditional religions.
5. representation of Africans to LEGCO (Legislative council ) as a forum to air their grievances to the colonial government.
6. abolition of forced Labour in the plantations.
7. removal of the kipande system which became a burden to Africans.
8. demanded to be allowed to grow cash crops and on large scale as they were restricted only to food crops on small scale.