SECTION A: 40 MARKS
Questions 1 to 40 carry one mark each
1. Name the element of the map used to tell how far a place is from another.
2. State any one role played by parents in promoting peace and security.
3. Which organ of the East African Community runs the day to day activities of the community?______________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Give any one social effect of HIV/AIDS to a country.
5. In which way is a post office important in our district?
7. State any one danger caused by bad roads in the society.
8. Which country in Southern Africa is an enclave?______________________________________________________________________________________________________
9. Give any one reason why the British constructed the Uganda Railway.
10. State any one role played by a bursar at school.
11. Mention any one way in which a clan can be identified.
12. Why is East Africa regarded to as a cradle of mankind?
13. Give any one role of Local Council Committees.
14. State any one reason why Murchison Falls National Park has many crocodiles.
15. Name the animal most suitable for transport in desert regions.
16. Give one way of managing cold weather.
17. State any one advantage Kenya has over Uganda in terms of location.
18. Write any one duty of a citizen which helps a country to develop.
19. How does latitude affect the climate of an area?
20. Give any one characteristic of planted forests.
21. Name the British administrator who signed an agreement with Kabaka Mwanga in 1890.
22. Mention the type of family where we parents, their children andother relatives.
23. State any one reason why Antarctica is not inhabited by people.
Study the diagram below and use it to answer question 24.