Questions 1 to 40 carry one mark each.
1. Name the country that neighbours Uganda to the west.
2. What is the role of a barber to people in the community.
3. How does a community benefit a school?
4. State any one way of ensuring the safety of passengers on water?
5. Write down any one government programme which helps to fight illiteracy.
6. What name is given to a landform that has escarpments as its sides.
7. Mention any one way in which a capital city is important to a country like Uganda.
8. How is the activity shown in the diagram important to the people?
9. Why was the railway line from Mombasa to Kisumu called the Uganda Railway?
10. Name the historical site which proves that East Africa is the origin of the human race.
11. Give any one reason why the Suez Canal was built in Egypt.
12. Apart from ruling a country, write down any other role of the executive organ of the government.
13. Name the smallest social set up in our communities in Uganda.
14. How does altitude influence the climate of an area?
15. Name any one electric power dam on R. Nile in Uganda.
16.How did the Royal Geographical Society help explorers who came to Uganda?
17. Give any one economic importance of game parks to a country.
18. State any one way how lakes are being destroyed in Uganda today.
19. In which one way were the pre-colonial people of Uganda politically organised?
20. Write one electoral system used in Uganda.
21. Name the state owned radio in Uganda.
22. Give any one cause of famine in an area.
23. In which water body is Cape Verde located?
24. Give any one reason why the traditional leaders in Uganda resisted colonial rule.
25. Why is land regarded as the most useful resource?
26. Name any one tribe which belongs to the River-Lake Nilotes in Uganda.
27. State any one way in which the government helps the citizens of Uganda to meet their needs.
28. Which type of climate is hot and wet all year round?
29. Write in full, the body of the government which protects the environment in Uganda.
30. Give any one traditional way of restoring peace in our society.
31. Name the person who designed the Uganda Coat of Arms.
32. Why was Sir Samuel Baker popular among the Acholi in Northern Uganda?
33. How are scouts and guides important in a school?
34. Name any one lake in East Africa which provides soda ash.
35. Mention the instrument of weather used to determine the amount of water vapour in the atmosphere.
For questions 36 to 40, answer either the Christian or the Islamic questions BUT NOT BOTH alternatives on the same number.
36. Either: Name the first book in the Bible.
Or: Name the first chapter (Surat) from the Holy Quran.
37. Either: On which day does the period of fasting begin in Christianity?
Or: On which festival do Muslims mark the end of Ramadhan?
38. Either: Who was the earthly father of Jesus Christ?
Or: Who was the father of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?
39. Either: Why were Adam and Eve chased away from the Garden of Eden?
Or: Why were Prophet Adam and Hawa chased away from the Garden of Eden?
40. Either: What does adolescence mean?
Or: What does adolescence mean?
Questions 41 to 55 carry four marks each.
41. (a) Mention any two rights of children.
(b) State any two advantages of teaching rights to children.
42. Study the sketch map of Africa below and answer the questions that follow .
(a) Name the African country found in the area marked M.
(c) How did the missionaries solve the challenge of language barrier in Uganda?
44. (a) What does the term technology mean?
(b) State any two ways in which people benefit from basic technology?
(c) How are swamps useful in technology?
45. (a) Mention any two reasons why the East African Community was formed in 1967.
(b) Name the two factors that led to the collapse of the East African Community in 1977.
46. (a) Name the place where weather is studied and recorded.
(b) State any two ways in which weather forecasting is important to people.
(c) Name any one weather disaster that results from heavy rainfall.
47. (a) Name any two examples of economic activities done by people in Uganda.
(b) State any two problems faced by people while carrying out their economic activities.
48. (a) Name any one tree species found in the natural forests of Uganda.
(b) Mention the product got from the trees below:
(i) wattle trees
(ii) rubber trees
(c) How do natural forests lead to insecurity in a country?
49. (a) Name the group of people trained to conduct population census in Uganda.
(b) Give any two reasons why the number of people is not the same in all parts of Uganda.
(c) If town X has 40,000 people and 80 square kilometres of land: find its population density.
50. Match A with B correctly.
|F.D Lugard||Extended British rule to Western Uganda|
|Gerald Portal||Resited gun registration|
|Semei Kakungulu||Introduced indirect rule in Uganda|
|Chief Awich||Raised the Union Jack at Entebbe|
(ii) Gerald Portal:
(c) Apart from repentance, how do Christians restore their relationships with God?
Or: (a) Why do Muslims perform Taubah?
(b) Mention any two acts that need Taubah.
(c) How do Muslims reconcile with their Allah?
52. Either: (a) Give any two ways in which a Christian can prepare for eternal life.
(b) State any two reasons why many Christians fear death.
Or: (a) Give any two ways in which a Muslim can prepare for Janah.
(b) State any two reasons why many Muslims fear death.
53. Either: (a) State any one duty of Christian leaders below:
(b) Give two qualities of a good Christian leader.
Or: (a) State any one duty of Muslim leaders below:
(b) Give two qualities of a good Muslim leader.
54. Either: (a) Give any two ways in which Jesus cared for the needy people around him.
(b) State any two reasons why Jesus cared for the needy people.
Or: (a) Give any two ways in which Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) cared for the people around him.
(b) State any two reasons why Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) cared for the people around him..
55. Both: (a) Name any two similar beliefs between Muslims and Christians.
(b) State any two common practices among Christians and Muslims.